Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'd Like To Introduce You to Reba & Kelly, My BFFs.

I cannot even tell you how forward I have been looking to this past weekend.

Because, as I have unashamedly proclaimed one or eleven times in the past, I am a huge Reba fan. Like whoa. I heart her. One day soon, she's going to realize that she and I would be really good friends and she'll call me to sing backup for her.

I may or may not have a vivid imagination.

I am also a huge Kelly Clarkson fan - and have met her in real life - and she is a PRECIOUS person.

Well, this past Friday, the 2 of them came to my hometown for the 2nd leg of the 2 Worlds 2 Voices tour. I saw the show back in February in Tupelo, MS. It was even better this time. I think they were really comfortable with each other during this leg. It was a 2 hour, intermission free, both artists stayed on stage the whole time, concert. They sang together on most songs, but on the single songs, the other sang backup. I have a feeling that Kelly pretty much looks in the mirror each day and says, "Reba McEntire is singing backup for me. Wow."

That, my friend, is what peeps in the biz-niss would call "making it big."

They also re-worked "Up to the Mountain" and it was even better than before...and I never thought that was possible. But it was church, y'all. It was originally recorded by Patty Griffin and it is a great song. Kelly rocks the house when she sings it.

Opening for Reba/Kelly was Melissa Peterman - AKA Barbra Jean from the REBA show. The mere mention of her name brought about my favorite part of the night when my friend, Annie realized that Melissa Peterman and Barbra Jean were the same person and she got so excited about seeing her FOR REAL that she almost started crying. And this was 5 minutes before curtain, people. She wasn't at her brightest moment. But I laughed until I almost peed.

Then the show. And the songs. And the lights. And REBA!!!! And KELLY! I was catching a glimpse of heaven and I was happppppyyyyyyy.

Here are a few pics from the show - If only you knew the restraint that I showed to keep from posting all of the pictures and crashing your system. You are totally welcome.






How did I get fantastic pics like this? No, I do not have a bang up camera. I had 8th row/center seats. Because I have mad good-seat-getting skillz. Don't believe me? Ask Gayle about our seats in San Antonio. Holler.

In case you were wondering/hadn't figured it out by now, this concert was fantastic and I highly recommend (repeat: HIGHLY RECOMMEND) that you go if they are coming anywhere around you. You will not be disappointed - actually, you will be so surprised that you will like it as much as you did. It's a unique concept and a fabulous night of music.

Then on Saturday, I met up with some fellow bloggers for brunch. I am still not only amazed that I have met people online and am willing to meet them places, but I am mostly astonished that they have become good friends. Like good friends.



This picture was taken by Gayle, which is why she isn't in the picture. The peeps you see are Annie (left), Sophie (left/back), Lora Lynn, and myself. We laughed our heads off and ate some fantastic homemade chips with ranch and fellowshipped like busy women rarely get the chance to do. It was awesome.

Then, Sophie casually mentioned that her sister (who works in "the industry" in Nashville) chatted with Reba a few days ago about coming to Birmingham.

SCREEEEEEEEECH!!!!

Anyone else catch that?

I got a little light headed and saw a few stars and then asked her to repeat herself a few more times. Her. Sister. Had. A. Conversation. With. My. Reba.

icanteventalkaboutitbecauseimightcry.

So, all in all I had the best weekend I've had in a while. Friends, Reba/Kelly, & homemade chips with ranch. Sounds like a fist pump is in order, huh?

Oh, and to top it all off, Camille totally hit it off with Annie. As a matter of fact, I think Annie's new name should be "Annie: Baby Whisperer". It was amazing.



Come back soon, Annie. We all miss you already.

Or I'll come to Nashvegas and we can stalk Reba shop.

14 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Hee-hee...I did honestly think you might pass out when Sophie mentioned that...LOLOLOLOL!

Patty said...

That is awesome!!! Your BFFS are totally cool. :)

You should just move to Nashvegas like the rest of us.

Hugs,
Patty

Flip Chick said...

I'm a new Reba fan (just a couple of months now) and I love reading stuff like this! Sounds like you had an awesome time. I've never had the pleasure of seeing Reba in concert, but that's the beauty of the internet and generous fans - it's almost as if I was there myself.

edub said...

ME = jealouswitharighteousjealousy

Queen B said...

Sounds like a near-perfect weekend!!!

I'm searching for the tour locations as soon as I send this comment your way!

Anonymous said...

Oh I SO love going to Nashvegas and at work I am called "stalker chick". So please, if you go, call me!!!!!

Fran said...

This just made me smile and laugh to no end!!! I love it...the stalking.... Of many forms. ;)

Hugs,
Fran

Tammy said...

Your photos are SO fabulous. I am so sad I didn't take my good camera to the MWS photo for photos like this.

I'm gonna have to somehow squeeze my way into the B'ham bloggers brunch sometime. ;-)

Anonymous said...

First, I love your layout! Very cute. Next, the whole Reba/Kelly thing looked like so much fun. And lastly, you're friends with Boo Mama. How cool is that. I wish I lived close to ya'll. You look like a great group of girls!!!!

The Latham Family said...

I love it when you throw the word "Holler" into your blog! I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend - and could you BE any more adorable? I swear, you don't even age.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

You are so funny! I can tell it was a blast!!! Wish I could of been there right in the middle of it all :)

3GirlsDaddy said...

What???? No mention of the ever-so awesome hubby that stayed with the 3 tornadoes (aka - our girls) while my precious, beautiful, perfect, wonderful, (did I mention beautiful???) bride got to partake in this oh-so-fab weekend with her chicas??? Maybe I missed it..............(those dots are me reading it again)...............................nope, nothing, nada, zilcho mention of me. I just don't get it? In such an amazing blog as the one she just wrote, would it be too much to ask for her to throw just a little, just a little, love my way? I'm sure she just got caught up in the moment of Reba that she FORGOT about dear old me. Not that I'm bitter....I'm really not. I'm stoked that she got to hang w/ her peeps all weekend while I had a nice, relaxing weekend with the tornados, err girls. Actually, it's the least I can do from time to time to give her a break from the craziness that is Camille (well Tait and Mary Emma just don't equal the HMB - high maintenance baby - that Camille brings to the table). Glad you girls had fun. Can I have my wife back now??? Not sure that I will understand why I was left off the list of peeps that were recognized, but I'll try and get over it.

Love ya, babe!

Me

Phyllis said...

Oh, my! Your husband is just as funny as you are! You'd better think of some nice way to recognize him here. :-)

Anonymous said...

i came over from annies blog...i love your template!! i so want it!! i just have to say she.is.mind. reba, that is and melissa as a matter of fact!! i.love.those.two, they are so funny!! anywho, love the blog, you are too funny, look forward to more!! hugs and prayers...