It's been one whole week since I posted anything. That's a record for me. Sorry about that. Lemme give you a little glimpse into my week.
1. Spencer took a new position within his company. He loved his old job, but the travel took him away from home about 2 nights a week. The new job will allow him to be home more, and is in a division of the company that is looking like where the future of the company is heading. So all in all, it was a great move. There's a "home study" period of time required in the job, so he has been home everyday for 2 weeks. I can't tell you the last time he was home for 2 weeks straight, so the girls and I have really enjoyed spending a lot of time with him.
2. My TiVo was replaced with a new TiVo. Our house has a really complicated home theater system (put in by the family who built the house) that requires an audio visual company to come in to our house to reprogram everything anytime we make a change. According to DirecTv, our old receivers were out of date and needed to be upgraded (for free. Yesssss.) which meant the A/V company had to reprogram our house. It took them 5 whole days. And it's still not 100% done. But for 5 days, I had 3-4 men in my house from 8-5. Annoying? Yes.
3. I found a scorpion in my bathroom. In my bathtub to be precise. I seriously considered selling the house. I hate roaches, because they are dirty and gross, but scorpions are pure evil to me. I think that fear came from the movie Clash of the Titans. I used to watch it when I was a kid. In one scene, tiny scorpions walk through the blood of Medusa and grow to the size of horses. Then Perseus (played by a VERY young Harry Hamlin) has to fight them with a sword. But their stingers kill a few men in the fight. I have chills thinking about it right now. The thought of scorpions make me shudder. Ugh.
4. It's Homecoming tonight for the football team Mary Emma cheers for. Yes, 2nd graders have homecoming. I volunteered (shoot me next I volunteer for something this big) to make posters for the football players. This consisted of making a poster for each boy - 18 of them - to be hung on the fence during the game. I am an artsy/craftsy person, and a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like that, so it has taken me FOREVER to finish these silly things. I finished them last night.
5. Spencer was playing golf Wednesday and threw his back out during a swing. He's an injured man. Nuff said about that. Get what I'm saying?
6. Spencer and I went to the Auburn/Tennessee game Saturday. Without kids. That was awesome. However, Auburn looked horrible. Spencer is an Alabama fan so Auburn's struggles thrilled him to no end. Then we got home in time to watch Alabama KILL Georgia, so his day was pure perfection.
I promise to be more diligent in my blog updating. I'm sure you can all understand a crazy week.
See you all tomorrow with hopefully some more witty stuff....