Ok, I was able (thanks to the good ole DVR) to watch LOST tonight after the girls went to bed. I'd like to pause for a moment and give the inventors of the DVR a handclap and a fist pump. You have changed my TV watching life.
I'll admit, that there was a lot of "whats" and "huhs" muttered around here. I mean they have now taken what was already a confusing show and have added TIME TRAVEL to it. You know, because we also should have to think about the year and date and the city and the country while we juggle smoke monsters and polar bears and horses in the jungle and disappearing islands in our minds.
I'm not sure I'm that smart. I have noticed a significant headache since I watched LOST tonight. It's either that or the ridiculous head cold I'm sportin' right now.
Anyhoo, here are some of my favorite parts / "huh?" moments.
1. Hurley. I heart him. I love when he was sitting on the boat and they were asking him to lie and he started talking about what they should tell people. Then he said the island disappeared. "Blip." I cracked up.
2. Ben Linus. THE MAN DOESN'T BLINK. That's just weird. Good for Hurley not trusting him. However, he's now in the pokey, so how's he supposed to go back to the invisible island that is stuck in a time warp?
3. Daniel. I didn't particularly like him last season. But I think he might be one of my faves this season. He's got the whole thing figured out. Now if he'd just share his knowledge with, oh, say, me. I'd appreciate it.
4. Sayid killed a dude on a dishwasher. That was flat out skillz right there.
5. I can't figure out the Kate/Aaron/lawyers who want to take her blood scenario. Who are these people and who are sending them?
6. Sun creeped me out tonight. I think she's gonna end up a bad guy working for Whidmore. Mark my words. And I seriously doubt Jin is dead. Or Claire.
7. Shannon made a good point tonight about the creepy white haired woman slash witch slash woman in the dungeon with the computer and the swinging pendulum thingy being Daniel's mom. I don't think it is, because Daniel told Desmond that his mom was at Oxford in England and this lady was in LA? Isn't that where Hurley's parents live? Am I confused?
Probably. For all I know, the LOST creators time warped England to LA and gave Ben special powers to travel between the two places in nanoseconds.
What I DO know is that I'll definitely be tuned in next week. Because it's awesome.
What are your thoughts? What did ya think about tonight's show?