My bloggy friend and real life friend Annie wrote a post describing 6 quirky things about herself. Then she challenged her peeps to do the same. Since I'm TOTALLY quirky (not always a good thing) I'm definitely following along.
Ladies and Gentlemen, my quirky list.
1. I count stairs. If I'm walking on a flight of stairs (up or down), I'm counting them. I have 2 flights of stairs in my house - one has 16 stairs and the other has 14 stairs, a landing, then 2 more stairs. If you watch The Amazing Race, one detour last week was to crawl up a huge flight of stairs and then answer a question at the top in order to receive your next clue. The question was, "How many stairs did you just climb?" The guys, of course, hadn't counted and had to start over. I woulda cleaned up on that one.
2. I refuse to blow my nose. Ever. I hate it. I actually think it doesn't help, because on the rare occasion that I have blown my nose, it feels stuffier than before I blew it. My husband knows I'm REALLY sick if I'm resorting to blowing my nose.
3. I hate ketchup and mustard. Actually, I can tolerate mustard, but ketchup grosses me out. I don't like marinara sauce, spaghetti sauce, or tomatoes in stuff (sandwiches, salads, etc.). I, however, love tomatoes plain.
4. I eat M&Ms in even numbers. If I grab a handful of M&Ms out of a dish I will put one back if I have an odd number. But only if the dish is mine at my house. Ok, that's not a true statement. I will put one back anywhere, anytime. I ain't scared.
5. I'm a sucker for all things school supply/office supply related. I have a babysitter who keeps my girls one day a week while I run errands/get haircut/grocery shop/go to doc/sit in my car and listen to something that's not "Dora the Explorer" and I have to make myself avoid an office supply store. When my discipline fails, I spend way too much money in Office Depot and then I kinda feel guilty while I draw pictures with my new 24 pack of multi-colored sharpies. Ok, so maybe I don't feel that guilty because HELLO, it's a 24 pack of multi-colored sharpies.
6. The other day, I bought the most fantastic pair of trouser jeans EVER at Talbots. And they didn't even have to be hemmed, which is saying a lot, because EVERYTHING I own has to be hemmed. Thanks for the short genes, mom & dad. I know that's not a particularly quirky thing, but I thought I'd share the knowledge with all my peeps. You're welcome.
Now, list your quirkiness on your blog and leave me a comment so I can go read them. It's fun to take a breather and laugh at yourself. I know I have chuckled at me today.
Have a fab day.