My daughter had her 1st slumber party last night. We originally invited one little girl over to spend the night. Then, at Mary Emma's softball game yesterday, 1 turned to 2, then 2 turned to 3. So with my three girls, plus our 3 guests, we had 6 girls ages 7 and younger at my house.
Mary Emma has had spend the night company before. But they have only come one at a time.
This was my maiden voyage into being the mom of a slumber party.
Let me tell you 10 things that I learned.
1. Little girls squeal. And they squeal more in groups.
2. The cuter the pajamas, the cooler the kid (according to the kids).
3. Popcorn makes everyone quit squealing. Temporarily.
4. Not all kids are taught manners at their houses.
5. Little girls can poot as good as the boys can. And they think it's hysterical, too.
6. After "go to sleep" has been declared my me, everyone has to use the bathroom (twice), get water, have a headache, lose their stuffed animal, find their stuffed animal, walk upstairs (thrice), turn lights on ("It's too bright!!!"), turn lights off ("it's too dark!!"), whisper, talk out loud, squeal, and then FINALLY fall asleep.
7. Regardless of when they go to sleep, they wake up at dawn. Note to self: only invite kids over who sleep late.
8. I'm more tired today than the kids are.
9. Remember to stock up on groceries. Just because they're little girls, doesn't mean they don't eat like horses.
10. Even though 3 of them weren't mine, they're still absolutely precious when they are asleep. I went downstairs last night after all was quiet and just watched them. God is amazing, isn't He?
Have a good one!!